Due to the poor air quality in Belmont, California, the CCS office has determined that the conditions for Saturday’s Cross Country Finals are unsafe and the meet will be pushed back until Sunday, November 18th and the location will be moved further south to Toro Park in Salinas, CA. All the information is below if you would like to attend.
The KSJC Boys and Girls Varsity Cross Country Teams have qualified for the Central Coast Section Finals for the 3rd consecutive year! Both teams are fired up and ready to compete at the highest level in the Bay Area. Below, you will find all the information you need regarding the event. We hope to see you out there supporting the Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams!
Date: Sunday, November 18th
Races: Boys and Girls Division 5 Finals
Times: Boys – 1:30 PM; Girls – 2:05 PM
Location: Toro Park, Salinas, CA
- Boys: Josue Martinez (10), Cristian Becerra (10), Fabian Gonzalez (11), Jose Romero (12), Anthony Phung (12), Carlos Alvarez (10), Alan Casorla (10), Kai Oda (10), Alex Pham (11), and Duy Dinh (12)
- Girls: Martiza Pinedo (10), Marlen De La Cruz (11), Jennifer Ortega (12), Joanna Canales (12), Jennifer Granados (12), Sharon Tran (12), Nyesha Chavez (12), Lucy Han (9), and Claire Hsu (9)
Parking Information: Parking is available on the street. PLEASE TAKE CARE NOT TO PARK IN OR IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS.
Admissions: Note: All participants in uniform will be admitted at no charge. A maximum of four (4) coaches will be admitted with their team. Course gate opens at 8:00 AM.
- Adult Admission: $10
- General Admission (Senior Citizens, High School Students, & Children 6 and older): $5
- Children 5 and Under: Free
- Please stay out of fenced-off areas
- There is an EXTREME fire hazard in this area, and SMOKING is prohibited
- PETS (leashed or unleashed) ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE COURSE
- BICYCLES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE COURSE (except for medical personnel and race officials)
- Each team is responsible for cleaning up the area it has occupied during the day
- Radios, frisbees or footballs should not be taken onto the course
- Throwing rocks and/or other similar types of objects is prohibited
- Coaches & athletes are reminded to stay out of the scoring area
- All spectators and coaches must stay behind the ropes and/or chalk markings. Do not assist your runners on the course by running with them. This is considered unsportsmanlike and puts runners in jeopardy of disqualification.
- COACHES MUST STAY OFF THE RUNNING COURSE.
- To insure the safety of players, coaches, officials, and spectators, CCS Policy prohibits the use of drones at all CCS events.
Race Results: Live results will be available courtesy of Record Timing (http://www.rttimingsolutions.com/). Official race results will also be posted promptly on the course results board, as well as after the meet on the CCS website or follow the CCS on Twitter (@cifccs).